Originally named after a natural spring that first attracted settlers to the area in the late 1800’s Spring Valley is now the largest un-incorporated community in the county of San Diego, covering thirteen and a half square miles. Located 11 miles east of the city of San Diego, Spring Valley is bordered by La Mesa and El Cajon to the North, Jamul and Dulzura to the East, Sweetwater and Bonita to the South, and Paradise Hills and Lemon Grove to the West. Within Spring Valley’s boundaries can be found a variety of smaller communities – Casa de Oro, Rancho San Diego, La Presa, Dictionary Hill, Mt. Helix, and Bancroft.